FIAN is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
FIAN may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 17, 2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as country of residence
- language of preference in order to receive electronic information by FIAN on the services you have requested (e.g. newsletters, urgent actions, etc.)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping, particularly when gathering information for campaigns, petitions and urgent actions.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- To allocate our publications and information properly in the language of your preference.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will never sell your information.
FIAN is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
FIAN website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.