This site has been designed following the WC3 Web Content Accessibility guidelines to ensure that it is accessible to as many people as possible.
For FIAN International this involved using a number of technological and design implementations, meeting certain standards criteria and developing clear editorial guidelines, including:
- text size throughout the site can be altered as required by the visitor using their browser
- all images, audio and video files accompanied by text versions or alt tags
- clear and consistent navigation and layout
- use of clean HTML code
- content rewritten in plain language
- use of jargon kept to a minimum
- standard formats for certain page types.